Friday, May 27, 2011

Mystic, CT

{picture}

I am heading to Mystic, CT tomorrow. I am pretty excited about it because I have never been there and I heard it was beautiful. I hope the traffic is not insanely horrible and I hope I get some sorta tan out of this!

I haven been tanning more lately because I do have more time, so this weekend should be about getting brown for me! lol... especially being Irish and all.

If anyone has been here before, please let me know of any great places to go! I always love these small little coastal towns (hence my favorite place in the world being Portsmouth, NH --which i wish i could go to this weekend but its just too far)

So last year at this time, I was in the Jersey Shore with my best friend and my ex and a bunch of friends, and it was a really great time. Unfortunately, I cannot have that time back or compare to it for this year because I do have to work at the bar, but I will try to spend as much time outside as possible and as much time with my guy to compensate for the fun i had last year.

I have recently began to learn that not everything comes down to going out to bars and partying all the time... there are other things that are just as fun that don't involve being at a club.

I knew this already, but sometimes when you're single its hard to act on that... and honestly, I dont want to be that person that is only about going out and partying all the time. There are other things in life... if only time allowed for it.

Have a happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!

5 comments:

erin - heart in ireland said...

I used to live in Mystic. And it is absolutely gorgeous! It depends on what you want to do but I can offer some recs. First if you want good pizza go to Pizzetta (amazing!) skip Mystic Pizza. The Drawbridge is a great ice cream shop. If you are looking for good seafood go to Noank (about a 15 minute drive away) for Abbotts or Costellos or in Mystic is Kitchen Little. Fun bars are Harp & Hound, Voo Doo, John's.
There is the Seaport, Aquarium, lots of fun things downtown. And then if you want the beach I suggest skipping over to RI and going to Watch Hill, RI and going to Nappatree. Or going to Stonington Boro - as there are other cute shops and things.
And if you realllly like books go to the Book Barn in Niantic, CT it is about a 30 minute drive. It is the best used bookstore I've ever been to.
Have fun! I love that area!

SE'LAH... said...

i have driven by Mystic but never visited the seaport. Do enjoy your long weekend.

one love.

hapi said...

Hi Novelista Barista, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Pretty Zesty said...

HOpe you had a great time and got super tan!

ps I have another giveaway!
http://www.beholdthemetatron.com/2011/05/foodie-giveaway.html

Bloomington Small Appliance Repair said...

Inteeresting read

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...