Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Horrible Story



Read this article: Ohio School Bullying


Basically the gist of the story is these kids were bullied so badly that they killed themselves, and even after they died, kids were still laughing at them.

How disgusting and horrible are people? I know kids are mean, I have been bullied in school before too... so much by a girl I had used to be friends with that I graduated high school in 3 years instead of 4.

I don't really like to put my opinion out there but I do believe that it really is the parents who aren't teaching their kids to be nice and their influence on them that makes kids like this. And then the other students they're in class with, they all gang up together.

I really want to get into the classroom. I want to help teach kids that that is NOT ok. These poor kids don't even know what life is like and they are taking their own because of evil children who don't know shit.

Makes me so mad.....

Do you have any opinions on this?

Photobucket

7 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

Bullying is horrific, and I think adults need to be the leading role in this problem . . . I teach at a city high school in San Francisco, and we barely have bullying problems, cause our teachers are so well-educated about it and we totally have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy. We also have a very active Gay/Straight alliance, and we very much support a culture of tolerance (making a slur against gay people = SUSPENSION). We've had several kids transfer to our school cause they were being bullied at their old schools. I can't imagine feeling targeted . . . that must be such a lonely, scary feeling for these kids :(

Ivy said...

I am in complete agreement with you! Did you see Ellen Degeneres' video? Heartfelt and so true!
Cheers to Saying it OUT LOUD!

Luna said...

i hate bullies! sometimes it might be the parents and sometimes these bullies just want to be that way, other times it could be a deeper reason. whatever the reason it is NOT acceptable or excusable. i fortunately have actually never been bullied.

when i was a kid i knew how to fight and was a bit overweight so no one messed with me being bigger than they are but i do know people that have been bullied. it is just horrible that there are kids bullied so much that they dont even want to live anymore. its so sad that some kids dont have the self confidence/esteem to tell these bullies to fuck off or something else.

i hope any kids i have wont ever have to go through this. if any kids i have ever bully someone else they are gonna get it from me, i will not tolerate it at all.

Angela Tolsma said...

my heart just cries for these people. I see it so often and I nowhere near a school environment. We need to stop becoming such a selfish generation.

Talia said...

I think a big problem is that a lot of bullying goes unnoticed. The obvious bullying - physical aggression, offensive slurs - is usually picked out by teachers and punished, but most bullying is much more insidious. Things like not ever letting somebody sit at your lunch table or making backhanded comments about how they look builds up over time. Parents need to start having pointed talks with their kids about why that sort of behavior is wrong. Maybe teaching some basic manners could be a start...

Anna Katrina said...

i feel the same. i cannot believe this is happening everyone needs to feel beautiful in their own skin as they should!


stop by sometime
http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

Melanie's Randomness said...

I think its so sad. These poor kids.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...