Saturday, January 30, 2010

Guest Blogger - Come Out & Play by Tabitha

Come Out & Play

I love talking about passion and how it can truly change people and make them happier in life. So when Novelista Barista offered a chance to guest in her blog, I emailed her right away! I think every opportunity to inspire even just one soul is good enough for me.

I’m pretty sure we all carry childhood dreams with us until now. But thanks to the demands of this world, we tend to fold that list of dreams and put them aside thinking, “Not today” or “I don’t have the time”. Every time we say this, a day, a week, a month and another year passes by with you just WISHING you were able to do it.

When I was a kid, I’ve always wanted to be a radio DJ. I’d get my little cassette recorder and make my own radio programs with my little brother and cousins as my “callers” to win Spice Girls tickets. I’ve thought about it for years and years, never having the courage to try it. I always gave myself a reason NOT to do it. After graduating from college, I realized I didn’t have any reason left. So I took a deep breath, auditioned and got the gig! I only did it for 5 months, but it was awesome.

That’s a check on my childhood wish list!

There are still so many things that I want to do, and I’m currently working on them little by little. I hope you get to re-open that wish list of yours too and start taking leaps. Because, really, we only have one life to live and it would be terrible if we lived this life full of ‘what ifs’. Don’t give yourself reasons ‘not to’ anymore, embrace your passions and let the child in you play!

By: Tabitha of http://www.lilmisstabs.blogspot.com



Photobucket

2 comments:

Plentymorefishoutofwater said...

Haha, I did that practice radio show thing too. Ace.
plentymorefishoutofwater.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Do you wish to invest in a new home within a tropical space [url=http://www.gddvf.co.uk/]temporary car insurance[/url] http://www.quickshorttermcarinsurance.co.uk/ Your property is on the line, simple and controllable terms and conditions and never have any element placing collateral http://www.gddvf.co.uk/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...