Monday, June 29, 2009

what were they THINKING!?


WHY???

Who the hell thought this was a GOOD idea?

This is Broadway, Times Square, in New York City.

Look at that trash. How disgusting!
Read the article.

I have to admit, the idea is there. The fact that they were closing down the street to have foot traffic, etc. is a good idea IF IF IF the right method was taken!
They should have closed it in an area where there were nice restaurants who could expand their seating outside and that would look more classy then BEACH CHAIRS AND FOLDING SEATS! I mean come on.
This is BROADWAY we are talking about, NOT some shit hole street in the middle of no where. This is TIME SQUARE! Hello? People if you want to lie a beach chair, GO TO CENTRAL PARK!
A co-worker of mine told me they saw someone putting on sun screen yesterday while sitting in the middle of the road.

OK-- this is all right and fair and whatever, but IT IS NOT A BEACH!
Trust me, i live in New York and I understand New Yorkers, but THIS I do not understand ... because THAT is not New Yorkers --that is tourists. New Yorkers stay far far away from that area, especially on the weekend because that is when all of the out-of-towners come in and take over.

This is just a disaster waiting to happen.


I mean this quote says it right here.... "Asphalt, construction cones and $10 beach chairs do not a world-class plaza make," Tompkins says. --- EEK So un-classy.

Photobucket

18 comments:

Tellie said...

I was just talking about this the other day, and I am shocked to see what it has become. Wow. I heard that they did say they would continue to do this just as long as it reduced pollution in Times Square...I guess it hasn't. This is ridiculous!

Teach.Workout.Love said...

Yeah.. the idea was definitely there... but....i mean the way they went about that was NOT good.

rachaelgking said...

Is it really THAT hard to take a train out to Long Island...??

Teach.Workout.Love said...

LOL apparently ....or just walk to the hudson river?! or something... where there is grass preferably?

for the love of pictures said...

Yeah, that place is a mess. Lawn chairs in the middle of the street so that you can have your lunch amid the exhaust, etc. I agree that the idea is good, but the execution is a failure.

Unknown said...

That is EXACTLY what I said when I saw that. I just don't get it! I was with my bro when I saw it first and said: that is so for tourists. New yorkers don't do that. We go straight to where we need to go. We don't have time to just sit in the middle of the street! ahh, useless...

Teach.Workout.Love said...

I know, exactly... out of freakin control.

I really cant wait until they CLOSE that!!

Stephanie said...

I don't get it. Who wants to park it in the middle of the street anyway?

PorkStar said...

I work in Times Square and the people that sit there are... well, maybe not exactly New Yorkers per se, but definitely many that work in this area.

I may be guilty of being one. : )

Lyryn said...

This is crazy! Wow.. People sometimes don't use their heads!

Esley said...

WTF? Is this something they have going for the summer or something?? Looks like a polish circus to me!

Mr. Condescending said...

I think we should do something about it sound good!?

nicole mountz said...

oh i totally agree. those are def. not new yorkers. those are wannabe new york tourists! ugh. lord prepare me for when i live there.. haha and im not longer a tourist.

Andhari said...

I'm not a new yorker but I visit quite a few times and wow, I'm shocked.

Sumit said...

:O Seriously shocking! Even for non-Americans like me, Times Square is an iconic place. This looks SAD!!

spanky* said...

hahha, but remember what we said "just because they closed the street... doesn't mean that people should be sitting in it..." & the cabby ignoring me when i was like "why?"... haha what a night... more adventures soon please...

Teach.Workout.Love said...

hahahah sooo funny!!


Is that some guy with a LUGGAGE?!?!?!?

Mara said...

Taaa-aakcky!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...